Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cream Soda Pancakes

And the recipe you've all been waiting for...*drum roll*...Cream Soda Pancakes! haha. Okay, you probably weren't waiting for it, but you'll definitely love it! :D These pancakes are the only ones that I'll make (until I find another kind that look just as yummy). I don't use the boxed pancake mix anymore, unless I'm short on time or money.
The original recipe called for beer instead of cream soda. I can't imagine having beer flavored pancakes and since we don't drink beer, I figured I'd try something like cream soda. And luckily, it worked out well! These are amazing with just butter on them, but maple syrup is good too! Enjoy!


Cream Soda Pancakes:
1 cup sifted all purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup cream soda
2 tablespoons butter, melted


1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the egg, soda, and melted butter. Whisk together just until blended. A few lumps are okay.
2. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot surface for each pancake.
3. Cook until bubbles form on top, flip, then cook until browned. Serve with butter and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment