Sunday, July 31, 2011

Brownies

For dessert tonight, I made a pan of these brownies. I have never made homemade brownies before without the help of a box haha. Sad, I know. But man I'm glad I waited until I found this recipe. It's seriously to die for! My husband and I had one for dessert tonight and we both were wanting another one, but we had to stop ourselves haha. We added chocolate chips to this mix as well, but the recipe doesn't call for it.


http://images.media-allrecipes.com//site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/244205.jpg


Brownies:
1 cup butter
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnut halves


1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
2. Melt the butter and mix in the remaining ingredients in order that they're listed.
3. Pour mixture into dish and bake for 20-30 minutes.


Note: We didn't use the walnuts and added chocolate chips instead. And I ended up having to cook my brownies for 45 minutes. Just keep an eye on them and check them with a toothpick in the center. We also sprinkled powdered sugar over the top! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment