Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chili

Well, since I posted a cornbread recipe, I figured I'd go ahead and post my chili recipe. This is one of the best chili recipes I've ever had. I don't make it spicy, but I'm assuming you probably can. I also prefer to make this in the crock pot instead of on the stove. Either way, it's amazing!


http://images.media-allrecipes.com//site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/593156.jpg



Blue Ribbon Chili:
2 pounds ground beef                         1 (8 oz) jar salsa
1/2 onion, chopped                             4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
1 teaspoon ground black pepper           1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt                        1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce

1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and saute for 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender. Drain grease, if desired.
2. Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix, and kidney beans. Mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least an hour. If you're making this in the crock pot, just toss the meat into your crock pot and add all the other ingredients and mix. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Note: I drain my kidney beans. There's plenty of juice in the chili without the bean juice, but it's totally up to your preference.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment