Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grilled Chicken with Spicy Peach Glaze

This is our dinner for tonight, so I thought I'd post it. I've never made this recipe before, so I have no idea if it's good or not. It looks good, so we'll see. I'll have to post once we've eaten it just to put my two cents in.


We bought a new grill this spring because I was tired of having to buy charcoal every time we wanted to grill. Plus, growing up with my dad, we didn't use charcoal. Charcoal was bad :P haha. Anyway, I convinced my husband to buy a propane grill and our life is good again. However, the one thing my husband hates to grill is chicken (haha.he doesn't know we're having this for dinner yet). On our charcoal grill, chicken took forever to cook all the way through and it would always get charred on the outside. I'm pretty sure it was just the grill though..it wasn't anything fancy. Anyway, so now that we have this fancy propane grill, we're going to try chicken once again. Hopefully it goes well because I don't have a back up meal in mind! :D


http://images.meredith.com/bhg/images/recipe/550_R102159.jpg


Grilled Chicken with Spicy Peach Glaze:
1 cup peach preserves
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup chopped green chilies
6 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
3 bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed


1. Heat grill. In food processor or blender, process first four ingredients until smooth. Reserve 1/3 cup preserves mixture.
2. Place chicken pieces on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 25-30 minutes, turning frequently until juices run clear and thickest meat is cooked through to the bone. (170° for breasts; 180° for drumsticks)
3. Brush preserves over the chicken during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
4. Discard any remaining preserves mixture used for brushing.
5. Before serving, brush chicken with reserved preserves mixture.


Sounds easy enough. Let's hope it turns out that way! :D I'll post again once we've eaten dinner just to review it!


My review: We loved this chicken! Although, my husband and I both agreed that it needed just a little bit more flavor. I think a little bit of salt would have been perfect. We did three drumsticks, three wings, and three thighs. It was all gone by the end of the meal haha. Definitely sticky and it wasn't spicy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment