Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Brownie Batter Cupcakes

So I thought I'd post a couple of recipes a day, just to make sure I keep posting. Plus, I have a ton of recipes and it would take me forever to post them all if I did it once a day.


Anyway, here is a recipe that I just found not too long ago. I got a craving for cupcakes and brownies the other day (ugh..pregnancy please let me crave only the good things :P). I couldn't decide which one I wanted to make and I didn't really want to have to make a pan of brownies and a pan of cupcakes. So, I went searching the internet and I came across these...and I fell in love haha :D


http://images.media-allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/262595.jpg

Brownie Batter Cupcakes:
1 (19.5 oz) package brownie mix              1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix
2 eggs                                                  2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup canola oil                                   1 1/3 cups water
1/4 cup water                                        3 egg whites


1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 48 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl. Stir just until fully incorporated, about 50 strokes; set aside.
3. Mix the cake mix, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 1/3 cup water, and 3 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Spoon the brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 1/3 full. Spoon the cake batter over the brown batter, until muffin cups are each 2/3 full.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20 minutes.




Note: I didn't make this recipe as written. 3 egg whites in a cake mix seemed weird to me. I just made the brownie mix and the cake mix by the instructions on the boxes. They came out just fine. Also, I'd recommend putting a dollop of the cake mix on the bottom of each muffin liner and then put the brownie mix on top of that, so they don't stick to the liner. For some odd reason, if I didn't put the dollop, the brownie batter would get stuck to the liner.


Also, this recipe doesn't call to frost the cupcakes. I didn't end up frosting mine and they were just fine without it. Although, if you want to, a nice peanut butter or chocolate frosting would be tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment