Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Peppered Bacon and Tomato Pasta

I thought I'd start by posting one of my husband's favorite meals. He asks for this ALL the time. Oddly, he likes the tomatoes more than the bacon, but who can resist the combination of tomatoes and bacon?! Oh and a little hint of cheese..hehe :D I don't have pictures of this recipe yet, but once I do, I'll post some!

This is seriously one of the easiest pasta dishes I make. Although, it is a little time consuming (what with making all the bacon). But, with the small amount of ingredients in it, you'll find it's super tasty!



Oh and you're more than welcome to stray from my recipe. I always find it's important to try the recipe as written just once (unless it's really really bad) and then come back and change it the second time. But you're more than welcome to do as you please.


http://images.media-allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/403357.jpg


Peppered Bacon and Tomato Linguine:
1/2 lb. peppered bacon, chopped

2 tbsp chopped green onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 (16 oz) package linguine
3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese


1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook until crispy. Drain. Reserve drippings and set aside.
2. Cook pasta until al dente. 
3. Saute green onions and garlic in bacon drippings over medium heat for about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for five minutes.
4. Toss pasta with sauce and sprinkle with cheese.


Notes: I don't use peppered bacon (paying nearly $7 for bacon doesn't make sense to me). And I let the sauce cook a lot longer than 5 minutes. Oh and who really measures the amount of cheese they put on top of their pasta? haha I don't :D 


Enjoy and don't forget to come back and leave comments or tips that you found made this recipe even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment