Monday, August 22, 2011

Cucmber Salad

One thing I hate about summer winding down is that all the yummy foods that you normally eat in summer will be gone for awhile. Things like potato salad, ribs, pasta salads, etc.. One of my all time favorite summer time favorites is cucumber salad. It's refreshing, crisp, and oh so tasty! My mom makes the best cucumber salad, but I sadly don't have her recipe. I do have this one, and it's very similar to hers. I hope you enjoy!

http://images.media-allrecipes.com//site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/216368.jpg


Cucumber Salad:
4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 small white onion, thinly sliced
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tbsp dried dill


1. Pour 1 tsp of salt over cucumbers. Cover and let the water come out.
2. Toss the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Combine the vinegar, water, and sugar and pour over the cucumbers and onions. Stir in dill, cover, and refrigerate until cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment